Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Punkin' Pie

My dearest girl,

You are sweet and beautiful, smart and funny. I watch you grow everyday and am excited to know the person you will become. I overheard you talking to your sister this morning as I was making your breakfast. She started to fuss and you sat beside her, patted her little leg and said "It's okay , don't cry baby. Mommy's coming." and I wanted to pick you up, laugh and cry, and kiss every square centimeter of your adorable body! It's times like those that I wonder how I came to be blessed with such a wonderful little girl. It's those times I need to remember most right now, I think you knew that because your timing could not have been any more perfect.

I'm not sure that I am being such a good Mommy to you right now, but I want you to know that even when I'm fed up with the repetition, crying and screaming, I still love you. I try hard every day to do what I think is best for you - what I think will give you the most happiness, today, tomorrow and when I'm gone.

It's so easy to focus on the negative; I acknowledge too little the amount of joy you bring to my days. Thank you for your easy smile, it reminds me that there is so much to laugh about. Thank you for seeing the awesomeness in everything, it reminds me that the world is amazing. Thank you for seeing the beauty around you, it reminds me to stop and enjoy my surroundings. And thank you for being yourself - your light carries me through my darkness, pulls me out of myself and makes me greater than I was before. I call you my "angel baby" not just because you have the face of an angel, or the heart of one, but because you have truly saved me from myself. You have undeniably changed the course of my life and it is better because of you.

I love you sweet girl.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails