Monday, July 12, 2010

Mindful Mondays: #1


I was going to start these posts yesterday, but "Mindful Sundays" just doesn't have that alliteration. So, this is the first weekly installment of Mindful Mondays where we can share motivational quotes, talk about the ways in which we are mindful and share our experiences.















I've spent this past year doing a bit of soul searching.  Trying to figure out who I am and what I want and how to be content.... things that don't come easy to me.  I began by practicing gratitude.  As I continue on my journey, I've noticed how much my state of mind, and my thoughts, affect the way I experience things.  

"To appreciate beauty and find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, a redeemed social condition, to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I love Emerson.  His words touch me, but this quote is particularly comforting to me.  It reminds me to slow down and enjoy life.  It reminds me that you don’t have to do something grandiose or be someone powerful to make your mark in this world.  It reminds me that successes are often found in simplicity.



Do you have any phrases that comfort you or inspire you?  Please share in the comments!  (or, if you'd like to post your own, just link back)  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails