Friday, September 10, 2010

More on Pismo

That morning, after the fog cleared out, the sky and ocean were a perfect gradation of blue to blue.  It was breath taking.  I almost caught it on film.  And, while the photo is beautiful, it still didn't capture the essence of what I saw as I looked out across the beach that morning.

shades of blue


pismo pier


As you can see, the pier was still a ways off, so we hoisted ourselves up and started walking again.
Daddy and Zoe walked ahead a bit, and there was something about their footprints, side by side, in the sand that struck me as... poetic.

footprints


One last look before we continue on to the pier.

climb to view
Add caption


We walked up the pier for a bit. I asked a couple of locals what we needed to do while we were here... best places to eat, best things to see. And then we stopped and watched the surfers for a bit.

surfers2


There was nothing much going on wave-wise that day, but they were still out there trying to get a little ride in their day. It looks both so calming and so exciting. I think in another life I may have been a lazy surfer. ;)

surfers


We walked back to camp... all of us exhausted beyond belief. Were we had some lunch, some play, and a nap (everyone except Mama who had to drive the girls around in the car before they would settle down)

tree climber
Look, Mommy, I climbed the tree!


zoe nature share
My little nature collector
We ended the day with the girls' first s'mores!  Surprisingly they weren't about the chocolate and graham crackers, but those marshmallows?  "More please!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pier shot!

Bunch of Barrons said...

Those first shots of the beach are stunning!

Sherri said...

Amazing and beautiful photos!

Rebekah said...

What beautiful pictures!

Lizzi said...

Great photos! They make me a little homesick for the ocean.

mamarolf said...

Thank you all so much!

@ Lizzi - me too! :)

Rebekah said...

What beautiful pictures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails